Monday, January 31, 2011

1/30 lunch

It was the first lunch that the four of us (me, greg, dadat, & joep) had together since moving in few weeks ago. It was sure fun to prepare food for all. I wasn't prepared to cook for four people, in fact, I have not considered it not until when we were grilling the pork bbq skewers on our little "pogon" outisde our place. Without any other viand planned, I decided to prepare tortang talong. Joep on the other hand is not fond of eating vegetable, so the eggplant dish had to be palatable on his first try. I try to prepare vegetable on Sunday also to encourage them to eat healthy choices aside from all-protien and fatty diet. The pork bbq was an experiment. We borrowed the recipe from Greg's brother. I used the measuring cups I got from last Christmas, this is to make sure that I have my own marinade proportions for future reference, in case I have to make adjustment on the flavor. After saying our graces, the moment came when the experimental dish was put to the test - it taste a little closer to the LCC pork bbq that is very popular back in my hometown. Yes! I feel that the marinade had to be adjusted though to improve the taste and I can't wait for the next weekend that I would have to try it out again. This time, I would have to make the slices bigger. Hehe.. The way the pork was tied up into the sticks didn't seem too appealing, so the EC must be implemented on the next production. 

No comments: