Tuesday, January 13, 2009

wary thoughts

I came in the office having quite the excitement to check on my outlook emails today. I am expecting a lot of work now compared to what has happened yesterday. To my dismay, outlook status was still DISCONNECTED. What’s next?? No internet connection or worst total lock out access of our PC meaning we’re counting just hours to make our exit from the place I’ve grown to love for 3 years. Hehe.. I love this place and the friends I have made here, not the work, not the management. Salary sustains me but only enough to maintain my not-so-fancy lifestyle. I don’t want to worry about the things that I could not see before my eyes. But it is always best to prepared for the worst thing that could happen.

The future is not certain - almost all companies here are affected. Stable companies are ok but still anxious with the global crisis making it more difficult for jobless ones to apply because there isn’t any hiring!! First 3mos of the year has always been the time to hunt for new jobs. But now there seems to be a scarce of just about anything related to money. Last December when businesses started laying off workers, I found myself also alarmed so I prepared items that I could use for future application. I was looking for the one necessary thing needed in all application, long white letter envelope. Department stores were even out of it. “Clearbook” was also out of the shelves.

So far, application I sent was always online (to my fellow bom writers: shush...let’s keep this to ourselves, hehe). There’s no need for the stuff I bought lately. And so far, that’s all there is and I am still waiting for responses of companies which I sent my CV. Hay…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aheheheh.. ako kay wala gyud ko nag-apply apply.. wait ra gyud ko sa news pero hipos na akong r2d2 pag december pa just in case.. weeeee