Monday, January 12, 2009

disconnected until stabilized

January 12, 2009 – I thought my outlook was corrupted or something then I noticed the status below my outlook “Disconnected” has never changed after I closed and reopened it again. I asked my colleagues and they too are experiencing the same down time. This means for most of us – less work. But today for me, it means LESSER work except from updating DR tracking and shift codes. I still have my private mails to check, few applications to submit, bom site to update and catch up with the latest company stability status.

It has been a harsh 2008 for some of our company’s employees. And I don’t want to think what will happen 1st quarter of 2009. One our engineering department has issued mandatory leaves for their associates. The thought of mandatory leave came originally from “forced” leave. It was changed that way I guess not to scare some associates. Hehe It was explained later to me about their difference. Mandatory are paid leaves as long provided that you have saved a lot of paid leaves from the past year. Also, 2009 paid leaves can be used to cover the leave. Forced leave however are unpaid.

How long will our paid leave sustain until our company regain stability? And how long will our outlook succeed in trying to connect and re-connect. Hehe…

No comments: