Monday, November 10, 2008

Catching the first shift

I woke up 8am and was waiting for some sign to get my lazy me get up then I remember that I had “bahaw” left from my last night’s dinner. I planned to have sunny side up, yakisoba and bahaw for breakfast. Within 15min I already had eaten breakfast and washed dishes. I was running out of time, so I rushed and took a short shower. Now, I had to iron my uniform, put on sun block lotion and all the rituals I usually make. I planned to wear sandals but then I saw my feet still an epitome of a trekker’s feet, so I took my socks and had to look for my black shoe which was somewhere the shoe boxes I hid under the bed. By 8:50 I was already gliding our stairway, taking it slowly so I won’t slip. I did not dare to check the time so as not to discourage my flight. The trike ride was fast but when I waited for a multicab, I felt hopeless. It took about 5min until the cab passed by. I was with a bunch of Lear peeps so I was pretty confident that the route would just lead us straight to Lear. To my dismay, the driver took the right turn, and picked-up a passenger headed for Lexmark, uff. Laoski who thought a girl employed at Saturn, because her shirt reading the company’s name, announced that somebody’s headed for Saturn. Laoski was looking at the girl and in reply, she said “no” she was not going there. But the kinda “deaf” driver heard about it I guess, and not all the details took another right. We were laughing at it already but the driver did not find it funny so the cab went zooming after that, haha… Just before we reached the crossing street, another passenger said “western watts”, and then Laoski and I just smiled at each other coz we were just talking about how he hates it when somebody’s headed for wats. Luckily, the driver went “deaf” again and went straight to where we should be – Lear. I was keeping my fingers crossed until I saw the clock, I timed-in 9:10, and I was 10’ 1” late the first shift. Next shift is in another hour and 20 min. Oh well, I learned a lot just today.

No comments: