Thursday, October 23, 2008

Outpost hangover

October 17 – what was planned to be a girl’s night out morphed into boys-girls-bayut’s night out. Outpost is one place I’ve never been in my 3 years stay in Cebu. I only have one solid idea about it – easy access to a bottle, a shot of any drinkable ‘ols.

By 7PM gatecrashers came out of the office and as planned to be among the early birds in the place as Outpost attracts lots people on Fridays and weekends. I was told that the place was once a residential place and now converted into a restau bar. I only remembered that when I actually saw the interior of the place. I could imagine then where the sala would be if it was still a ‘home’. The ambience had a relaxing effect.

As agreed, the group ordered one pitcher of kamikaze for everyone to share. The Samplers was my favorite pica pica. I swear I can finish one set, hehe… delicious! The evening was filled of boisterous laughter coming from jokes and non-stop teasing of group’s all-time favorite love team of kigz and sonab. I could not stop eating that time, I think it has something to do with the beer. As usual, my face turned red and my head felt bigger that the usual, it grew heavier in every glass of ‘ol I take in. I did not enjoy very well the picture taking session coz I was uncomfortable with my face red as a tomato and eyes, which looked like I was ready for bed already.


I was looking forward for the playing band that time. The first song was ok, I could relate to it because it was a revival of Jewel’s Foolish Games, after that…I went deaf. I could not distinguish their music from noise… another round of the Sampler was ordered after that, another round of colt and lastly accounting of payables.