Monday, January 11, 2010

My 21K story


Crazy as it sounds and maybe a little ambitious too, I did not settle on the thought of finishing a loser on my first 21K. When I registered for this run, I felt like I bought a hammer, ready to hit my head any time I remember that day I paid 450 for the race only for simple reason that we'd like to have that ChampionChip attached to our shoes. The chip stores up the exact time you finished the race. The thought of conquering the longest run ever in my life was secondary to the chip. Now, that sounds funny.


To make the long story short - with non-stop running, I finished the 21K for 2:42:26.




The most boring and longest route for me was taking the SRP. There wasn't so much to look at except for the houses and opposite it is the sea. The air is not so good and the sun was almost coming up during that time. So it was hot and dry. I think we spent almost 50min there. I enjoyed running more on the city because there were people cheering us up and motivating us.


That is me (#1772) and my parnter Albert behind runner #1114 (stranger) taking Jones.



I did not feel discomfort from any parts of my body except for my right knee. It almost gave up on me on the 17K mark. Good thing there were water stations on every 1K that we've passed. It fueled me and eased half of the painful 4K remaining. I discovered also during the last stretch that I was having difficulty running downhill compared to uphill road. I had to change from heel-strike to mid-foot or fore-foot and widen the angle of my legs just to give comfort to my aching knee. Whew! I had to give it up to my partner, Albert, for putting up with me!

If you ask me, if there's going to be another round of 21K? Just to make sure I don't get my right knee injured, I would have to lose weight first. I feel that my upper body is way too heavy for my legs to handle.


Lexmark Runner's Club

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats congrats. ahahaah.. murag ikaw gyud ang sporty babes nato da.. weeeee..

anirsor said...

wow, bilib najud ko nimo patzy...