Monday, September 19, 2011

food versions

If I am not out playing, I'm cookin'.. that explains why I have the hardest time maintaining my diet. What I cook is influenced by the places I've been to, TV cooking show I just watched, a movie, a cartoon series, the weather, and what's probably available in the kitchen. 


The banana Q is inspired by "what's available in the kitchen" since I got those bunch from Brgy. Tabunan where we had our tree planting. I like the part after tree planting when everybody is so busy buying vegetable at the market laid down beside the road. They do know that we're coming, so it's nice to buy quality vegetable that you will get in the grocery either wilted or an old stock.

The noodles is inspired by Naruto that Greg and I follow if we get a chance to download the episodes online. Greg was diagnosed last year of having kidney stones, we banned noodles for quite some time but not for me. I love noodles so much I know I just could not let go of it so I make my own soup and get rid of the flavor pack that comes with the package. There was no meat in our fridge so I had to be creative with it, I heard though that in Manila they make corned beef sinigang, so I thought, why not corned beef ramen, right?

The dumplings is one of the recipes that I stumbled online while looking for Singaporean dishes. This one is travel influenced. The recipe of course is a traditional Chinese dish, it's not new to us however that most of the population in Singapore are Chinese. So there you go.. I really did not follow the proportions online since I only have a cup of ground pork stored in the ref. The new ingredient that I bought to complete the dish's recipe is the rice wine. I had trouble looking for the right one though, I go only for the one with english label just to be sure I bought the right one.

What's next? I really don't know but I hear there's going a S&R special this Sep 21, new  stocks and more items coming. I have settled my mind in buying dishwashing & toilet cleaner, diced tomato sauce for my all time favorite pasta in tomato sauce. 





3 comments:

Yai said...

namet ayo pats...
i miss you and adel's mini carienderia here...pwede mag padelivery...hehehehehe

Wrong Grammar Club said...

starting to cook na pud patsy.. lingaw man diay sya... every weekend after pay day ra nuon ko mag-luto.. weeee

-karlota-

Pats said...

cooking is like therapy pill..