Sunday, December 21, 2008

sunday

Sunday is my favorite day every time I spend vacation back in my home town. We would usually attend mass in the morning and after I would join my mama go to the wet market to buy food supplies. I especially look forward for our lunch. Night before Sunday I remember always asking my mama what to prepare for the next day and I also make some suggestions for the menu. My papa would prepare the kalan outside and light the oling. We use charcoal to cook grilled fish/pork and specialties like tambo, lanka n mongo, pangat, etc. the list goes on.



Today is a Sunday, December 21, 2008 and we’re eating late breakfast aound 10:30 AM. The fish tindero from the market is my ma’s suki and he gave us one plastic bag of fresh talaba. That’s what we had for breakfast plus a spoonful of ginisang ginamos to match it. People are friendly here and charitable, hehe. We plan to have lunch also at a later schedule around 2PM and we’re having tambo and grilled pork ribs… yum2x!!




Going the church this morning I remember how cool the air was. Now that the sun is high, the windy breeze is still prominent but the air is hot already but still tolerable. At our backyard is a little “goat house” were my papa would keep the goats at night. A week ago the mother goat gave birth to two healthy kids. I called the female white one “White” and male black “Black” hehe… obviously, made the names by their color.




I’m keeping my self busy now just not to be tempted to sleep. I don’t want to sleep obviously because I’m afraid I’d gain a lot this holiday since I missed 2 weeks of playing soccer already. Bad news for today is we’re having a “brown out” schedule. I don’t know until when the lights would go back. I hope the laptop would have enough battery to survive until then.

No comments: