Saturday, August 23, 2008

my lola

my lola's name is trinidad hechanova patubo, a very primitive name isn't it? she's been my guardian when i reached my age of reason. she accompanied me to school when i was in kinder and prep. i would always bribe her from buying me food (e.g. cheese curls) so i would take my tes. hehe and i also learned from her my negotiating stints when she asked me to keep her afternoon mahjong games to ourselves and not to tell my parents in return i could play all afternoon and skip my siesta. also, she taught me how to play mahjong. at an early age i joined building the walls to start the game. the other lolas didn't know that i kinda knew how to play already. that time i helped my lola win - bwahaha!!! now she's 96 years old and i pray she'd live for 100 and plus years.

No comments: